Lexus cars get more kit
Lexus is guided by the Japanese philosophy of Kaizen
LEXUS CARS GET MORE KIT
- Despite Lexus vehicles being known for their extensive list of standard equipment (safety, comfort and others). This premium marque has still seen fit to top up its luxurious offerings.
- Lexus is guided by the Japanese philosophy of Kaizen, or continuous improvement, and it is this philosophy that has led to the Lexus IS, NX, RC and LS models undergoing some minor improvements in 2020.
- The revised models are already on sale, having received changes to make the driving experience even better. The upgrades are focused on the interior and levels of technology, and are itemised below.
LEXUS IS – ENGINEERED FOR DYNAMIC HANDLING AND RESPONSIVENESS
The IS spec highlights are as follows:
- The Hybrid model (launched in December 2018) and the F SPORT version now come standard with the exceptional Mark Levinson 15-speaker sound system;
- The Hybrid and F SPORT models are now equipped with LED AHB (adaptive High Beam) headlights.
- The aforementioned models also get a rear sunshade as standard fitment.
- The vehicle range also includes a new colour option called Manganese Luster.
LEXUS NX – THE STATEMENT-PIECE URBAN SUV
The NX has quite substantial updates which include:
- The NX 300h SE and NX 300 F SPORT models now come with dynamic headlamp levelling, a power-enabled rear boot and auto re-retractable side mirrors;
- Inside the cabin, the NX 300h SE model comes with wooden dashboard inserts, a panoramic sunroof, 60:40 power-adjustable second row seats, full leather trim as well as driver memory for the front seat;
- Both the NX 300 F SPORT and NX 300h SE models now come standard with the Lexus Safety System which includes Pre-crash System, Lane Trace Assist and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert;
- Following the spec change updates, the NX range also underwent an Audio upgrade from 17MM to 17MM+ screen with Android Auto & Apple Carplay
LEXUS RC – SHARP AND REFINED SPORTS COUPE
Just over a year ago a new version of the Lexus RC luxury sports coupe made its debut in SA, in exclusive
- F SPORT guise. Since then, the upgrades include features such as an electronic parking brake and a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Sound System. And to add to the entertainment experience, the vehicle now comes standard with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.
LEXUS LS – THE BRAND’S FLAGSHIP LUXURY SEDAN
The LS also underwent a spec change to address product improvements and customer requests:
- Cruise Control: Adaptive Cruise Control - All Speed (previously High Speed only);
- The colour palette has been rationalised. Terrane Khaki and Amber are no longer available for order in the LS 500, while Amber is discontinued on the LS 500 F SPORT;
- Lane Trace Assist is improved and includes features such as Steering Vibration and Steering control